arx-users

[Arx-users] New ArX user

From: Greg Mosley
Subject: [Arx-users] New ArX user
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:01:03 -0700

Hi,

            I was considering arx or tla for version control on a distributed project.  Therefore, I was really interested in exercising the “get, build-config, update”  process on a remote archive.   I tried the arx instructions on the savannah/arx web site and they do not work as written.  With the latest pre12 source installed, when I ran the command “arx get address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0 arx”  --- I get this error (on linux 2.4) :

unhandled option `--permissions 644'

usage: set-file-metadata set-file-metadata [options] file...

try set-file-metadata --help

build-by-patching: INTERNAL ERROR! patch did not apply cleanly!

When I run “tla get address@hidden/dists--arx--1.0 arx” every works fine.  BTW, the command  “arx build-config superbeast/arx.arx” doesn’t work because there is no “superbeast/arx.arx” configuration.  I like what Walter is planning for arx, I’m just wondering if it is going anywhere because of the apparent lack of interest.

Greg M