apps-gnustep

Re: Problem running Gworkspace: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: J. Jordan
Subject: Re: Problem running Gworkspace: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:30:23 +0100

Thomas,

I am running GWorkspace that I downloaded from SVN on 9 Feb. 2010, which shows up as 0.8.8 it runs very nicely and I have only encountered a couple of minor issues.

Where did you find the versions of Base Back and GUI that you are using? I am not sure you can run any applications on those versions. I am using:
back 0.17.0
base 0.19.1
gui 0.17.0
make 2.2.0

all installed from startup 0.23.0

You might try those versions as I have had limited success with later versions. GNUstep really refers to ONLY the base/back/gui/make Gorm and sometimes ProjectCenter. Ensuring applications such as GWorkspace operate is not a priority for the GNUstep developers.

-j