apps-gnustep

Neverending IM app saga

From: Mathew McBride
Subject: Neverending IM app saga
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:27:43 +1000

A week or two ago I had a discussion with some people on IRC about IM apps for GNUstep.

Someone ages ago looked at Adium and reportedly that was full of Carbon.

Has anyone looked at Fire ( http://fire.sourceforge.net ) claims to be "proudly Cocoa" and after using it seems to be quite good.

There was also another Jabber-only app called Nitro but its long dead, if someone gets sources I suppose it may be worth a look.

I'd write one myself if JIGS (Java->GNUstep) was working with the GNUStep GUI bits. It wouldn't be exactly native, but at least it would integrate :)