apps-gnustep

Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: ANN: HelpViewer 0.3 (fwd)
Date: 15 Apr 2003 21:11:57 +0200

Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just have released HelpViewer 0.3 :-)
> This is a major rewrite, it should now deal way better with big files ("lazy"

I just tested it and I noticed a few "glitches"

- When you click in a browser column, the item is highlighed GOOD,
  but also the column is scrolled such that the highlighted item is
  the last visible item.  I would not expect any scrolling.

- Clicking in the browser does not screem to scroll the textview.
  I expect that the item I select is at least visible but nothing happens.

- The nice symbols like the ! > I see on the screenshot on your website, well
  I do not see them on my computer.

> Please contact me if you experience some bugs or if you have ideas for
> improving
> HelpViewer :-)

Well, you could look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~wim/GNUstep/autogsdoc.html,
there are now Base.help and Gui.help as generated with autogsdoc.

Disclaimers:  The xlp files generated are not correct xlp files, so there
are a few quirks that are completely my fault.
My priority when I work at autogsdoc is the TeX output, so quite a few
autogsdoc tags are not implemented for xlp.

It would help if you could find the time to document the xlp format.

Thanks.

Wim Oudshoorn.