apps-gnustep

Re: GNUMail.app / Pantomime changes

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: GNUMail.app / Pantomime changes
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:40:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I would like to inform you that I'm done with all the major changes in the
CVS version of GNUMail.app and Pantomime.

Here's list of what changed:

1- Added a fast cache for local mboxes. After building the initial cache
   for each mbox (the first time it's opened), opening a 5000 messages
   mbox take 4 seconds instead of 61 seconds on my poor Celeron
   400MHz. Also, closing a mbox should also be super fast.

2- added 'smart' attachment placement (see screenshot).

3- added a 'Compact' mailbox option to remove permanently deleted
   messages. They are actually kept in the mbox as long as you don't
   compact it. You can show/hide deleted messages.

4- new 'Status' column like Mail.app. Also, added a Size column.

5- added sorting support (by Date, by Name, by Number, by Size and by
   Subject) (patch from Pierre-Yves Rivaille)

6- activated the spell checker

7- added a Font 'preference panel' for selecting which fonts you want to
   use for the header name, header value and the content of the mail
   (patch from Alexey I. Froloff)

8- added a html stripping function to remove all html codes but keep the
   actual 'content' of an html mail. This code is only used under
   GNUstep since Cocoa has HTML support for attributed strings. (patch
   from Abhijit Menon-Sen)

9- added a 'Save Attachment' menu in case clicking on an attachment cell
   on the text view doesn't bring a save panel.

and more... Note that the Mac OS X port isn't updated. I'm gonna continue
working on it all weekend and we should be ready for a release early next
week.

If you can try it and give me some feedback, I would really appreciate.

You can see a screenshot of the latest cvs version:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.0.0pre3/newlook3.gif

Thanks a lot,

Ludovic

--