ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] latency

From: Matthias Thomae
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] latency
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:27:52 +0100

Hi,

Roland Stigge wrote:
Exactly this one. That would be useful.

Done.

Do you (or anyone else) have a working low-delay setup of ant-phone? If yes, what is the configuration?

It's the one ANT was initially been developed with: Fritz PCIv1 and
Intel 8X0 via ALSA INTEL8X0 driver. For me, it worked better than the

That's on-board sound?

BTW, do you know a (simple) method to measure the sound latency?

Maybe I can do some test with my old wired ISDN card sometime in order to rule out bluetooth, but it might be weeks or even months before I get to do this...

That would be great. I didn't have the opportunity yet to test a
Bluetooth setup and would like to hear more about their capabilities.

I can only recommend bluetooth :). I have been dialing into the web wirelessly via the AP-X for a couple of months now, without problems, and also created a small home network via PAN. The headset phone would have been the next feature...

Regards.
Matthias