ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:44:13 +0100

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 22:23, Jerry Westrick wrote:
> About the emails, well if some one records a message on my answering
> machine it shuold send it as an email to me.  then I don't need to Call
> home type a special code listen save etc etc etc...
>
> It's alot more convinient that way!

Try the package called isdnvbox. It has got this very task.

Sorry for not shouting "great idea!", but I prefer the original Unix
philosophy that every tool should be as compact as possible, and in the
case of answering machines and IP telephony we've got other tools
already.

But nevertheless, there's enough other work left to do for ANT...

bye,
  Roland