ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:50:43 +0100

Hi Jerry,

thanks for your report.

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 20:01, Jerry Westrick wrote:
> The usefullness is severly hamprered by it's exclusive use of the sound
> card.  KDE (at least the way SuSE 9.0 is setup) uses the ARTS SERRVER to
> allow multiple program to "share" the sound card.  It would really be
> nice if could use my head phones for listening to music, and answering
> phone calls, and not one or the other as implemented now.

I understand that problem and since many systems are using these servers
today the feature you are suggesting is definitely something for the
TODO list. :)

> P.S.  I've installed the SuSE 9.0 standard stuff, maybe it's thier
> fault?

No.

> P.P.S.  As a future advancement the IP-Phone would really be usefull!
> Especially if it connected to a widoze program since that is what most
> people still have.  (No comment on why please!)

OK, listed in TODO, but not highest priority. There are already programs
out there providing this functionality. So ANT supporting IP would be
just a convenience for current ANT users.

> P.P.S.  Along with transfer of calls from IP to IP, Phone to IP, etc

Of course. :)

> P.P.P.S.  Did I mention Conferencing?

Well, let's see if I can make it work with the "new" CAPI in the kernel.

> Recording?

Already supported. :-)

> Answering Machine to Email?

What do you mean with this?