ant-phone-devel

[Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...

From: Jerry Westrick
Subject: [Ant-phone-devel] ARTS sound system...
Date: 19 Nov 2003 20:01:38 +0100

Hello EveryOne...

First off, thanks.  This is a great program and solves a big need for
me!

But...

(Oh yeah here it comes!)

The usefullness is severly hamprered by it's exclusive use of the sound
card.  KDE (at least the way SuSE 9.0 is setup) uses the ARTS SERRVER to
allow multiple program to "share" the sound card.  It would really be
nice if could use my head phones for listening to music, and answering
phone calls, and not one or the other as implemented now.

Jerry Westrick
P.S.  I've installed the SuSE 9.0 standard stuff, maybe it's thier
fault?

P.P.S.  As a future advancement the IP-Phone would really be usefull!
Especially if it connected to a widoze program since that is what most
people still have.  (No comment on why please!)

P.P.S.  Along with transfer of calls from IP to IP, Phone to IP, etc
P.P.P.S.  Did I mention Conferencing? Recording? Answering Machine to
Email? Oh well, never mind then!