ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Analog phone support ?

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Analog phone support ?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:18:50 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 10:59, DAVID BALAZIC wrote:
> Does ant support operation over analog phone lines ( with an analog voice
> modem ) ?

No.

> If no, does anyone know such a program ?

Several people asked me about this, but I was used to the fact that
voice modems usually don't support full duplex mode, i.e. they are
suitable for voice mailboxes but not for telephone conferencing.

(There were actually projects tending to the goal to make an "analog
ANT", but they stalled for the obvious reasons.)

If times have changed and you know some modems supporting full duplex,
please correct me and the feature can be integrated into ANT.

bye,
  Roland