anarchdb-support

Re: [Anarchdb-support] Unicode, Windows 98 SE plus how to build from sou

From: Francois Gombault
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-support] Unicode, Windows 98 SE plus how to build from source on Windows?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:35:00 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 11:05, Graham Smith wrote:
> 1. I can not make the application run on Windows 98 SE, I get an error
> message informing me that the application requires unicode and can only be
> run on Windows 2000/XP.

This is true unfortunately. ARDB's engine requires Unicode, and Windows 95/98
don't provide proper Unicode support. :-/

> 2. How do I build anarchdb on Windows? I checked all the code out of CVS
> and installed cygwin but I'm not sure if I should do a configure and make
> or if I should use one of the shell scripts.

Use make_linux.sh.

Please check
http://www.nongnu.org/anarchdb/tech.html
for help on building ARDB for Windows using Cygwin. It's been a while I didn't
try, but the information provided here is up to date.

Let me know how it goes.
Cheers,

--
Francois Gombault