ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] batter

From: Ninon Spencer
Subject: [Mine-dev] batter
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:19:56 +0300

He got up and offered his hand to Mrs Colhouse. No, be serious, Dennis; Nell wants you to do something for her.
He wasvery nice to me and told me to write to him if ever I wanted a friend.
But tell me quick, quick, what you want us todo.
Elinors despairing gesture elicited another sigh.
Would he come that morning and tell her mother? It was aclear moonlight night and very still.
Dennis was as cute as they make them, but shewould infinitely prefer to run the show herself.
Sometimes I wonder what will happen to us.
He raised her hand to his lips, holding it there.
I know Im too young to marry, Im not readyfor it.
Instead he bent hishead and kissed her just above her eyebrow, as a brother might. Elinor opened her carefully packed valise. Elinor, you are going to be my wife, that is settled.
I know Im too young to marry, Im not readyfor it. Water and sky were blue as they sat under anawning, steaming up the Straits. Without more ado he strode out of the room and out of the house,slamming the door behind him.
As he spoke Dennis and Julia appeared in the distance, the former wavinga paper. Five minutes later there was a knock on her door. The question now was how farshe could push her advantage. I really didnt catch what he said, I was rather absent-minded atsupper, Im afraid. The sight of OHara had revived Elinors anger.
I like that Irish chap, hes an awfully good sort.
The little woman swiftly followed her husband down the passage andElinor went on with her toilet. Elinor dear, I want to do everything you wish. I dont know who his mother was but she certainly belongsto the aristocracy.
Elinor put her hand to her forehead and thought a moment.
Supposing I never see you again after we get back to Manitou.
The sprightly young Irishman disengaged himself and puthis hands in his pockets.
She was shocked, though, at his off-hand, familiar way oftreating inferiors.
And he answered: Im awfully sorry if it annoyed you,dear.
Elinor again put her hand on his shoulder, her voice was full ofemotion. Patrick, what Ive done this eveningsworth a bottle of wine.
Could his innocence survive the shock of this lastperformance? Elinor dear, I want to do everything you wish. She withdrewher own as she answered:I should like you to leave me with Julia and go off to bed. You can spare yourself trying to tellme the time without your spectacles.