alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] YMF-754 errata

From: Mike D
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] YMF-754 errata
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:47:19 -0700

Hello,

I have been using alsa-xmms-0.9 for a long time, and it is quite stable with my
card, a Hoon Tech i-phone Digital XG (Yamaha YMF-754 chipset)

I use this unusual card because I get SPDIF Coax and Optical IO under linux
for my external AC3 decoder without resorting to a reverse engineered driver
<caugh> Creative <caugh!>

Two things I have learned:

1. The first instance of the "IEC954" control must be un-muted to enable SPDIF 2. The SPDIF (PCM) output is controlled through the "Wave" device, not Master or PCM.

I changed one line in audio.c (grep for PCM, replace with Wave.)

Matthieu, thanks for the plugin!!

 -Mike Durller