alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] comments

From: n.
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] comments
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:45:37 +0300 (EEST)

Ok so I jumped on savannah after the release of Emacs21, and saw this
Alsa 0.9 output plugin for xmms, something i had been 'waiting' for
for a while.. so I tried the 0.9beta8 version and here are my comments:

  (computer is p2 333 + 256M of ram, rme digi96/pst and
   gus pnp soundcards)

Firstly, to make the output plugin even work, one have to modify the xmms
source as such: (against cvs) It's not your fault but i'm mentionning it on the
mailing list for archival purpose.

diff -r xmms/xmms/pluginenum.c /home/knos/cvs/xmms/xmms/pluginenum.c
226c226
<       return dlopen(filename, RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL);
---
>       return dlopen(filename, RTLD_NOW);

Now to the second comment, it seems the plugin is eating away quite a lot of
cpu time. I tried it yesterday night so haven't had the time to browse the
source and find out what might be wrong, but it sounds a lot to me like a
non blocking infinite loop.. or something like that.

-n