aeskulap-users

[Aeskulap-users] dicom issues

From: Mitchell Laks
Subject: [Aeskulap-users] dicom issues
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:40:43 -0400

Dear Alex,

sorry i just got home ...

I have very very little knowledge of dicom. However I have been lurking on
comp.protocol.dicom and forum.dcmtk.de
etc.

You are correct that at times you can use a universal matching on patid.

However it depends upon when you do it :)

if you do a patient root query then it depends upon the level of your query.
If you   specify the patient root query and patient level, then sure.

if you go beneath patient level, to study level say then you may not.

must specify patid and MAY NOT SPECIFY NAME at the study level of a patient
root query.

(I think).

I had the same trouble till i pointed this out to the guys from osirix, and
they agreed and modified
their client.

to quote:

Joerg Riesmeier