adsyc-devel

[Adsyc-devel] woken

From: Beck Henson
Subject: [Adsyc-devel] woken
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:19:35 +0900

Grim threw the door wide and we all stepped out,leaving it open behind us. If youreceive this, trust the bearer, who will lead you to where I am. His self-assurance and vocabulary all seemed to have vanished. If that fails,they will try to follow in with you. His voice was not pleasing, but it suggested strength and the lastlimit of self-confidence.
Sidiki ben Mahommed wrung his hands and stared at him.
Grim went in search of the man I had hit over the heart.
My friends and I will track these murderers first, said Grim. For thirty seconds he observed the babu keenly. Then they willaccuse us all of having murdered those two!
We might as well have questioned a four-year-old child. I seized the giants knifewrist and in a second we were all three down together. Using both hands with all my might I could not make him letgo of the knife. He has been trying to play both sides simply for the love of theintrigue and for his own advantage.
No Mahatma wouldconsent to be in league with murderers.
To make things worse, the woman got her hands free somehow and beganto help him. Get your guns, and then to the watch-tower!
She only stopped when Sidiki ben Mahommed himself cursed her intosilence. Andtheyre just as keen on getting control of the whole world as, forinstance, the Bolshevists are.
Yet one learns more about them than another. Then they willaccuse us all of having murdered those two! Wecould not return to Leh without risk of being murdered.
Mordecai knewtoo much; therefore so do we, and were to be tempted to try torescue Rait. My friends and I will track these murderers first, said Grim. I think that was the only time I ever regretted having acted swiftlyon Grims suggestion. Two of Sidikis servants tried to drag her off, crying out to methat she was their masters wife. I struck amatch, but there were no signs of a struggle. Sidiki ben Mahommed turned and swore at him, struggling to wrenchhimself free from Grim. A bull bellowed in the stall; an ass brayed; thentwo or three sheep bleated.
It was difficultnot to betray the change in our attitude toward him.
Our visitor rose very slowly from his squatting posture.
The stranger put his hand into his breast and produced a sheet ofpaper, folded twice.
One of my servants saysthey lie without noses or ears on the dung in the yard!
Grim went in search of the man I had hit over the heart. Bothsides practise secrecy to keep the other side from finding outtheir plans and methods.