adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] A request for Cirrus

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] A request for Cirrus
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:45:18 -0400

By the by, whether the haft is straight and solid, or a handle and chain, I like the spike at the foot of the handle.

I also realized that my initial description of the Wyvernesse Mace goofed on dragon physiology a little. I looked at the pictures you drew and tried to base my description on them, but I neglected the fact that each segment of the dragon's body has a single swept spike on the dorsal side. So, the Wyvernesse Mace would be spiky, rather than nobby, contrary to what I said at first. The spikes have a low profile, but they are spikes nonetheless.
I do like the original design. I think maybe we should keep it in mind in case our villian gets into a melee with our plucky protagonist. He should have a suitably unpleasant looking weapon to hand. The villian's father, Garrett, was well-known for carrying a heavy and slightly militarized agricultural flail around with him, so it stands to reason that our villian learned as a youth to use flexible weapons like the war-flail, crossbow, and chain weapons.