adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Artwork style

From: Oncil Rexon
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Artwork style
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:59:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

>So characters which used to be 20x30 went to 40x80. Creating and
>animating those can be more of a hassle than with the lower resolution
>(hence my suggestion to render instead of drawing pixel by pixel).

Well, I've all ways prefered pixel by pixel art to rendered. It just looks better. :)

>* Do some characters based on the human male template, to get more
>comfortable with the larger size.

I might try this way, but I think that hand draw sketches to pixel art might be better. I'll use it to get the rough size.

>* Do basic shape and animation with Blender and just do the finishing>touches on a pixel by pixel basis (kinda like working from the
>template character, but it would be easier to come up with additional
>shapes and animations from there.)

I'm made sort of a template in blender which I might try to make some sprites with. I've found that 3D rendered images only look good in games like Myst.

How about this, I'll make a couple 20x40 sprites, and try to make a couple larger sprites using sketches to pixel art.
(Both will probably look terrible, but there you go :) )

Colin

All new Yahoo! Mail