adaldap-devel

[Adaldap-devel] sensationalism

From: Hugo Meade
Subject: [Adaldap-devel] sensationalism
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:40:39 +0300

Zeid stopped me: Butthat will need a lot of money.
Then, without a casualty, and with theirsixty prisoners, our men rode back praising themselves.
Rasim likedthis, my conception of his target.
Two men were found to ride with me, though all said we should not reachTafileh that night.
The excellent Wodheihastruggled gamely forward under the weight of the extra gold.
We had to drive them down into thehappier Ghor, a days journey from our vital garrison.
He tookme up with another of his long bursts, many more than twenty this time.
In desperationwe climbed up our sad camels, and beat them woodenly towards Guweira. I was sorry for Awad: his hardness put me to shame. They raved with miserable rage when Idismissed them and turned away. The warmth I, at least, never got, and hardly the sleep.
Next day and the next it snowed yet harder.
Next day and the next it snowed yet harder. They had no clothes but khaki drill uniform ofthe British summer sort.
Shobek wasonly ten miles further, and daylight had yet five hours to run. In losing this Motalgaridge we would probably win the battle.
We, for our one day, had a fill of hardship.
Rasim likedthis, my conception of his target. Inthe day it thawed a little and in the night it froze.
Our cloaks bellied out and dragged like sails,against us. By late afternoon we had covered the ten miles to Aba el Lissan. Shobek wasonly ten miles further, and daylight had yet five hours to run.
Prices fell, as men grew to trust our strength. Joyce made a vain appeal to Zeid, andpromised to explain to Feisal.
I asked them thenews; they told me all was well.