ada-mode-users

Re: Gnu Emacs Ada mode beta test 7.0.0

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs Ada mode beta test 7.0.0
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 15:57:07 -0800

Simon Wright <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29 Dec 2019, at 20:15, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Simon Wright <address@hidden> writes:
>
> The gpr-mode.el patch worked fine, thanks - used it to work for a,
> Ada-mode .prj file?

I think you meant: "C-c C-P used to work in a .prj file".

I don't see how, unless you added something to auto-mode-alist to set a
mode for .prj.

You can define your own function similar to gpr-set-as-project; replace
"gpr-prj-default" with "ada-prj-default".

Or, in an Ada buffer, use Ada | Projects | Find and Select project ...

> I think this may be related to this in *Messages*:
>
>    wisi--run-parse: Ada parser process protocol version mismatch: elisp 4 2,
> process 5 3
>
> which may be related to this in wisi-process-parse.el:
>
>    (defconst wisi-process-parse-protocol-version "4"
>      "Defines data exchanged between this package and the background process.
>    Must match emacs_wisi_common_parse.ads Protocol_Version.")
>
> (it doesn't)

Arg. More test failures; I don't have the current source installed!

Change wisi-process-parse-protocol-version to 5.

The '2' is in ada-mode.el ada-wisi-language-protocol-version, '3' in
wisi-ada.ads Language_Protocol_Version; change
ada-wisi-language-protocol-version to 3. Sigh.

--
-- Stephe