ada-mode-users

RE: Ada mode 6.2.1: ada-indent-comment-col-0 no longer honored

From: SCHOEPFLIN Markus
Subject: RE: Ada mode 6.2.1: ada-indent-comment-col-0 no longer honored
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:12:16 +0000

> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Patch attached.
> >
> > Hmm. Now a comment in column 0 after the first line is indented when it
> > should not be; I'll have to work on that.
>
> Better patch attached.

Applied, and the behaviour is much better now, thank you.

I still get some erratic invalid indentation of comments starting at column 0
in large source files (more than a few 1000 lines of code), but alas I did not
yet find any reliable reproducer.

The behaviour is quite strange: a comment somewhere in the middle of the file
gets indented incorrectly, then I remove some other comment from the *end* of
the file, then the same comment in the middle of the file stays at column 0
when I move it back. There is no difference if I indent the whole file at once,
or if I just press <TAB> in the line where the comment is located.

If I am ever able to reliably reproduce the behaviour, I will post it here.

--
Thanks again,
Markus