ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] milestone in error-correcting parser

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] milestone in error-correcting parser
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:39:48 -0500

I finally got a decent result from my error correction work; decent
indent results in the face of missing ');'.

This is the GPS result:

begin
   Check ("v - r", Graph.Find_Path (V, (Vertex, R))

            Check ("1a", Graph, (5, 4, 3, 2, 1));
end Test_Graph;

And my current result:

begin
   Check ("v - r", Graph.Find_Path (V, (Vertex, R))

   Check ("1a", Graph, (5, 4, 3, 2, 1));
end Debug_Kim_Choe;

The code needs a lot of work; it's slow, and there are lots of syntax
errors it does a bad job with.

But I just had to brag about this one :)

The code above is a snippet from a test of a graph package that I'm
working on, which is part of an algorithm that will speed up the error
correction a lot. The missing ');' is thus an actual typical error. It
didn't do this well when I first encountered it, but it was easy to
tweak things to get this result. We'll have to see if that makes other
things worse.

--
-- Stephe