www-es-general

[GNU-traductores] GoTranslators.com is online !

From: Benoit Lhoest
Subject: [GNU-traductores] GoTranslators.com is online !
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:48:49 +0100

Hi,

We are GoTranslators (http://www.gotranslators.com)  the people that wants to break the barriers that freelance translators face.

We are freelance translators too, and we are tired of the difficulty of working on our own. Finding clients, finding the right tools, finding help when we needed it – it all takes a lot of time, time we can’t spend doing our jobs.

When  we asked over 1000 fellow-translators about their needs, we were struck by how similar they were. Basically, most of us want three things from an online translation community:

-          a place were the right clients can find us

-          a place were we can find all the tools we need to do our job

-          a private community were translators can discuss challenges, help each other, and compare notes on clients.

Many of us are also interested in access to up-to-date lists of agencies and other translators, in online payment systems and marketing tools, and in discussions forums.

We used this insight to create an online community for translators, GoTranslators.com, that we think comes close to an ideal. Thanks to GoTranslators, none of us will have to work in isolation again. We will be able to combine all the advantages of freelancing with the weight that comes from belonging to a large community of professionals.

Go check out the many features of GoTranslators.com at http://www.gotranslators.com/

-          a directory function allowing you to list your CV, references etc. with as much detail as you like

-          a job board to browse the jobs clients have advertised

-          a community space, reserved for translators, where you can ask questions, seek advice and more

-          access to the tools you need, from dictionaries onwards,

-          the ability to update your references and details at all times

-          a dedicated web page to advertise yourself

-          a prime referencing tool to ensure GoTranslators arrives near the top of the major web search engines for translation searches.

Signing up to GoTranslators is free – for now.

Go and have a look. Let us know what you think.  GoTranslators is your site, your tool. We promise you that it will evolve to meet your needs.

Good browsing!

The GoTranslators team

http://www.gotranslators.com/