wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Question : How to build the manual of wget2 ? (#4

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Question : How to build the manual of wget2 ? (#429)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:16:48 +0000

> fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2.git/': The
> requested URL returned error: 403

Yes, you can't write to git via https:// and especially not to repo where you
don't have write access to.

You first have to 'fork' our repo via Gitlab, then `git clone
address@hidden:sebman/wget2.git`. Now you have your own copy of Wget2 where you
can do what you want. The good thing is, if you push your work to Gitlab, all
the CI runners start to test your code. After pushing, you can create a
so-called MR (Merge Request) that pops up to us - after review we can simply
approve and merge.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/429#note_165056672