traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Splitting Clips With Fades

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Splitting Clips With Fades
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:36:04 +0200

> I've slimmed down this patch, and it works the same way:  Fine except
> during transport, when both fades on both resulting clips are lost
> during a split.  Any idea why the outer fades go away with this patch,
> when splitting during playback?

Ah, I did an interesting observation, it happened too without the patch. After
looking around on the command line it mentioned it was adding the nodes of
the fadecurve in a thread save way when the fade was constructed.
Setting the range then fails, and the range gets resetted to 0....

I've made a fix, and merged the SplitClip part, however, I'm still not sure
how to handle the resetting part.
Your patch removes the fade, which essentially creates a memory leak since the
removed Fade never gets deleted.
Just keeping it as it is, setting the fade to a 0 range works as well.... ?

Regards,

Remon