traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso 0.30.1 tarball for testing

From: Nicola Doebelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso 0.30.1 tarball for testing
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:12:42 +0200

Hi Remon,

Am Montag, 7. August 2006 13:42 schrieb Remon Sijrier:
> The Changelog for 0.30.1 so far is:
>
> * Fixed 2 possible crash bugs.
> * Added "merged waveform drawing for stereo tracks"
> * Snapping improved considerably!
> * Traverso builds on Mac OS X now!
> * Fix clip normalization, scans only the Clips source range
> * Move the AudioClip during move visually again to the targetTrack!
> * Solo/Mute improvements
> * Sync audioclip readsource buffers to first point of use in case the
>   sync position of a seek isn't in the range of the audioclip!
>   Fixes bug #16919

Some nice improvements! I have an OS X bundle ready, which hopefully includes
all required libraries. I'll forward it to you as soon as I have tested it on
a virgin Mac. There were some minor changes to the *.pro files required. I'll
send you the patches soon.

> I wonder a bit how the solo/mute improvements have to be interpreted, I'm
> not able anymore to easily listen to one track at a time by doing < O > on
> tracks...
> Could you enlighten me a bit Nicola?

Heh, that's the difference between you (working with stereo files, I guess)
and me (working with mono tracks). For me the solo function was almost
useless as long as it was not possible to solo 2 tracks at a time. But we can
easily solve the problem if you prefer the old 'only 1 solo track at at time'
mode: Revert to the old behaviour and add two new functions 'add solo'
and 'add mute' (e.g. <IO> and <UI> or whatever) which do not deactivate other
solos and mutes. Keep <<O>> and <<U>> to deactivate all of them.

Would that be acceptable?

cheers
Nic