tramp-devel

Re: supposed "Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: supposed "Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 19:43:55 +0800

MA> I still cannot reproduce it any longer, since it was fixed back in March.
MA> What system do you run Emacs? MS Windows?

Linux jidanni2 4.18.0-2-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.18.10-2 (2018-10-07) i686
GNU/Linux

MA> Can you reproduce the problem with "emacs -Q -L /path/to/tramp-4.0/lisp"?

Yes, all I had to do was enter and then leave a directory, and then enter it
again, and I get the message
"Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"

$ emacs -nw -Q -L ~/Downloads/tramp/lisp/ /ssh:my.remote.host:
 SPC [dired-next-line]...
 RET [dired-find-file]
 SPC [dired-next-line]...
 q [quit-window]
 RET [dired-find-file]
"Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired"
 C-h l [view-lossage]

As you can see all I did extra was just move the cursor around.
So please document the right way to stop the message.
Nobody uses that my.remote.host except me.
tramp-version "2.4.0"
emacs-version "25.2.2"
Thanks.