tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] issue in the recent riscv change, which added the ".o

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] issue in the recent riscv change, which added the ".option" asm directive
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:09:01 +0100

Hi

On 2024-03-23 04:03, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:

Welcome to tinycc and thanks for your recent riscv-changes @Ekaitz.

Thank you

All are waiting for a release and should avoid to add new features.
Since your changes are only for riscv targets, i hope,
that the changes would not delay the release of tcc 0.9.28 even further,
(but only @grischka can make a release).

Are all your planned changes in the mob tree?

No, I also have some support for extended asm for riscv I need to test a little further.

The mentiond change added also 'DEF_ASM(rvc)' and 'DEF_ASM(norvc)' to 'riscv64-tok.h',
but both are missing in 'tccasm.c'.

Oh yes. I didn't really add support for .option, only made the scaffold to add that later, at least now when the assembler finds .option it doesn't fail, and just ignores it. The most common usage for .option is removing linker relaxation, which we don't do in TinyCC anyway. Those two tokens I added because they are a possible option for the options directive, but they are going to be deprecated soon in favor of a more complete option set which is also harder to parse. I'll just remove them or add them to the options block (whatever that feels better now) and we'll take a decision about it later.

Please take a look.

Yes, I will during this weekend. Thanks for pointing that out.

For adding new features, a message to the mailing list is always better.

I wasn't sure about that so I just decided to send the changes. You are right.

Now that we are in the mailing list, I have some support for extended asm that I'm not completely confident about. I'll attach the patch, I would appreciate if you could take a look to it. More specifically I'm not sure about how to choose the priority of the constraints, and there's some code in `subst_asm_operand` that I'm not sure about.

--
Regards ... Detlef

Thanks,
Ekaitz