tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] problem on win64 with latest commit

From: Eric Raible
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] problem on win64 with latest commit
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 00:01:04 -0800

I cannot speak for Griska or the reasons why that change was committed.
But with respect to my mail from 2/25, once again, all I was doing was hinting
that tcc could be configured to not call (the since reverted) unportable APIs.

Anyway, from my point of view, a default of RO=1 is fine.  But it should be
#ifdef-protected so that tinycc/configure or win32/build-tcc.bat can change it.

For instance:

#ifndef CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO
#   define CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO 1
#endif

But since I'm new here I'm not going to push such a commit without encouragement.

Thanks - Eric