tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Local string behaviour with bound check enabled

From: George Sedov
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Local string behaviour with bound check enabled
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:18:09 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry to write so many mails in the list, but I don't see other methods of contacting the dev team :)

I noticed the discrepancy in the compiler behaviour regarding local strings. Consider this example
void TestFunc() {
    char str1[] = "mystring";
    char *str2 = "myotherstring";
}
There is no meaningful difference between declaring the local string one way or another, yet the bound check code will generate the bound record in the first case, and not generate it in the second (see add_local_bounds function).

BW,
   George