tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] SIMD intrinsics

From: Detlef Riekenberg
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] SIMD intrinsics
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:14:38 +0100

Am 15.01.24, 08:57 schrieb Mathias Widman <mathias.widman@gmail.com>:

> I am new to the list so forgive my lack of knowledge of previous questions.

Welcome here, Mathias.

> I wonder if there are any plans on incorporating/supporting SIMD intrinsics.

Which target processor / which intrinsics?

intrinsics are arch dependant compiler extensions and they help the compiler during optimizations.

Depending on your usecase, a simple implementation would be inline assembly
in the intrinsic header files with the same names used by other compiler.

> it seems pretty straightforward to add in the inline assembler and code gen parts?

Yes, the inline assembler needs updates for unsupported mnemonics

Until then, you can use ".byte" in inline assembly.
(We use that in our tests)

--
Regards ... Detlef