tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Starting to write the arm64 assembler

From: Macoy Madson
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Starting to write the arm64 assembler
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:08:27 -0500

Hi,

I am interested in writing the assembler for AArch64 A64. This is basically filling in arm64-asm.c. Right now, it seems TCC just uses the A32 assembler, which doesn't practically work for an AArch64 project.

I wanted to email this list to make sure no one is already working on this, or has anything in progress to share.

I also figured it would be a good time to ask if there are any pitfalls or reasons why no one hasn't already done this.

Thanks,

Macoy Madson