tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] TCC compiles with MSVC

From: Angelo Pesce
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] TCC compiles with MSVC
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:35:45 -0700

Hello!

I don't know if this nugget of information is useful, but I wanted to include (lib)tcc in my visual studio project by sourcecode (not just including the .lib) and it works without problems.

I had no patience to try to convert the build scripts (and in general I'm not fond of build systems), so I just added libtcc.c and from there found all the files I needed and configuration bits...

I'd wager it would be trivial to create a visual studio solution for it, if people care. I still used mingw to build tcc's stdlib though, as that relies on some .S files that I imagine are not trivial to assemble with MSVC.

Lastly, tcc triggers a lot of MSVC warnings, run-time checks and so on - this is completely normal for pure C code, albeit even there I'd wager it would not be hard to do the requisite changes to make it pass modern checkers/linters etc.