tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Re : Re: win32: -Wl,-nostdlib: undefined symbol 'memset'

From: david . koch
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re : Re: win32: -Wl,-nostdlib: undefined symbol 'memset'
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 20:41:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I think you got it all wrong, please reread how a compiler work.

The stdlib is just a glue/wrapper to the underlying operating system, here
Windows or Linux.

But what about an embedded/osless environment ? You provide your own stdlib in
that case.

Hence TCC's purpose is not to provide its own 'stdlib' if you specifically
request not to.

'memset' is one of the many functions you have to stub with your own
implementation.

Good luck with that.

Regards.