tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] C23 front end

From: Thiago Adams
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] C23 front end
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 22:44:46 -0300

Apologies if this is a wrong place for this e-mail.

I am creating a c23 front end called cake https://github.com/thradams/cake  and TCC is an inspiration for me mainly because it is a complete compiler.

I can try to help TCC with some C23 features but I am also interested in to learn about backends (I have no experience in this field).

Maybe someone from this list also may be interested in creating new backends or helping me to find references to implement a backend for cake. I wish cake could generate an executable like TCC does. I have considered web assembly for the backend as well. also QBE for QBE does not generate executables directly.

I have little experience with TCC I don’t know for instance how many warnings/erros it have or how prepared it is for C 23.

 cake is progressing to full analysis semantics and I believe It already have the infrastructure to implement good warnings.

My interest in on compilers but also in promoting/modernising and using the C language.

Thanks
Thiago