tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Linux constructor/destructor support

From: Michael Aganier
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Linux constructor/destructor support
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 02:19:39 +0000

Dear TinyCC team,

I inquire to you for the possible addition of constructor/destructor attribute for Linux.

While searching for why the constructor attribute seemed not to work on Linux, I found these two commits:

Add constructor/destructor support

Add windows constructor/destructor support

To confirm my suspicion that constructor/destructor was only implemented for Windows,

I tried to compile the following code with the Windows MinGW version of TCC:

```C

#include <stdio.h>

__attribute__((constructor)) void my_constructor()

{

    printf("This is my constructor function\n");

}

int main()

{

    return 0;

}

```

```C

cd tinycc

./configure

make

./tcc.exe main.c -Iwin32/include -L.

./test.exe

This is my constructor function

```

The same code executed on a Linux machine seems to ignore the constructor attribute.

Would you consider adding support for constructor/destructor on Linux?

Thank you,

Michael