tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Regression building GMP with tcc, bisected

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Regression building GMP with tcc, bisected
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 18:14:37 +0200

Herman ten Brugge via Tinycc-devel wrote:
In the old code you can also make it fail:
tst.s:
-------------------------
        .data
        .globl  foo
        .long   0
foo
        .byte   0
-------------------------

If you compile it in the old compiler with:
tcc -include tst.s -c tst.s
you get no error. This is because of the same latent bug in next_nomacro1.
The better change is below. I do not know how to solve this in another way.
Perhaps you have a better solution?

Well, Herman, "latent" I guess is the word describing best the
situation.

From what people wrote so far one would think there is something
wrong with the assembler that it would not see a missing ':' colon.

Howeber what you obviously found out but did not tell with any
single word is that tcc does not see it because it doesn't even
start to process the file.

Now if you could find a solution that at least *tries* to explain
something, for the other people, I mean. ?

-- grischka

    Herman