tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to link in string functions?

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to link in string functions?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:24:44 +0200

Le vendredi 15 avril 2011 11:59:40, Stephan Beal a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
> > tcc: undefined symbol 'strlen'
> > (and same for strstr, strcspn, strncmp, strcmp, memset, memcpy)
>
> i'm having similar problems on Ubuntu 10.10/64-bit, where stdarg.h
> (and occasionally other system-level headers) cannot be found by tcc. Are
> there any workarounds for this? i remember someone here mentioning using a
> specific unofficial branch of tcc for this, but i consider that to be a
> temporary workaround and not useful for deployment.
>
> :-?
Try using the tcc from Debian Squeeze then. It is based on version 0.9.25 (the
last stable version) + a few patches from this development branch.

The patch to make string function work is maybe 10 lines and it's just about
recognizing STT_GNU_IFUNC by replacing STT_GNU_FUNC by STT_GNU_FUNC |
STT_GNU_IFUNC so you can take the stable branch, cherry-pick this patch
(036d94112d4f0db6eb82b79bbfd0c9ef2328df34 if you don't know how to cherry-pick
I'd be happy to tell you how to do it) and then recompile tcc.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme