taler

Re: [Taler] GNU Taler Point-of Sale

From: Jürgen Beger
Subject: Re: [Taler] GNU Taler Point-of Sale
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 05:53:09 +0100

I cannot get "complete" with my smartphone. Thanks for the pictures.
Jürgen

Am 16.03.24 um 05:34 schrieb Iván Ávalos via Taler:
On Sat, 2024-03-16 at 00:08 +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
Hi Torsten,
Hi Ivan,

What would you need from Juergen to address this? Model? Screen size?
Not super-high priority, but he's not the first to recently ask about
getting the PoS to work (or work well) on phones, so I suspect he's
also
not the only ones with issues :-)
Hi, Christian.

I don't understand what the problem is exactly. I tested the PoS in a
smartphone recently, and everything has seemed to work well. I log-in,
I enter the products and quantities, then I click on "Complete" and the
QR code is shown.

This works even on a small device: an emulator shaped like a 4.65 inch
Galaxy Nexus (screenshot attached). I tested with both English and
German, and even if German words are longer, the "Abschliessen" button
is still visible and the QR code can be generated with no issues.

In German, the only element that stops being visible in the small phone
is the "Add custom product" button, but I don't think that's what
Jürgen is describing.

Happy hacking!

Christian