[Swftools-common] When attempting to extract sound from SWF - 'ERROR Did

From: Christopher Koeber
Subject: [Swftools-common] When attempting to extract sound from SWF - 'ERROR Didn't find a soundstream in file'
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:28:19 -0400

​Hello

I am attempting to extract sound from an SWF I know has sound using swfextract.exe.

I run the command:

swfextract.exe -m -o output.mp3 swf-file.swf

But I get the error: 'ERROR   Didn't find a soundstream in file'

Any idea why this happens on swf files which certainly has sound?

VLC, for example, can extract the sound but I lose the last few seconds of sound using it.

​Thank you for your time.​