Re: [Swftools-common] swftools vector logo?

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swftools vector logo?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:53:17 +0000

On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:10:02 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Since you can embed one swf inside another, why exactly, would you
> > need the source?
>
> Because I want to modify it  slightly and it’s a PDF presentation.

Ahh, in that case you better hope it's licensed under the GPL! ;o)

> I may latter convert to SWF, it’s cumbersome when I have to replace
> one slide with the SWF movie.

A flaw in the method you have chosen to use, I think! ;o)

> > I used Rainer's version and embedded it in the main wiki page (  had
> > you not noticed?)  ;o)
>
> How did you use Rainer’s version?

Simply embedded the original swf in the wiki page.  There are several
MediaWiki plug-ins that allow you to embed flash movie files.

> I’m actually interested in the logo shown at
> http://www.swftools.org/flash/swftools_anim.html, but without the
> background and the animation.

Which actually *IS* Rainer's version Pablo..

To save further hassle, here is how to extract the bit you want from the
'default_loader.swf' ( to be found in swfs directory. )

Let us assume in this instance that you are running Windies, are typing
at the command prompt while in Administrator Mode, and sitting in the
the root SWFToolls installation directory, e.g.

        C:\Program Files <x86>\SWFTools>

Run swfextract on the file:

        swfextract.exe swfs\default_loader.swf

You'll see that there are three movieclip assets, namely 1, 2, and 39.
Extract asset 39 as follows:

swfextract -i 39 -o 39.swf swfs\default_loader.swf

Open 39.swf in your browser.

The plain animation may be found in tessel_loadser.swf, also situated
the swfs directory.

Regards,

Chris.