Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools installation issues

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools installation issues
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 23:35:03 +0000

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:26:18 -0600 (CST)
Kyle Vernon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!  I am trying to install SWFTools on a server that will be used as
> an Apache OpenMeetings server.  When trying to install using the
> windows binary, I get the following error: "Couldn't create file
> C:\Program Files\SWFTools\python24\gfx.dll"  The folder is there, but
> it is empty. Can someone help?  Thanks.

Is this 14570496 2013-04-09 swftools-2013-04-09-1007.exe??

Are you doing this from a GUI, or command-line?

If from a GUI, locate and select the downloaded file.  Then on the
right-click menu, there should be a 'Run as Administrator' option.
Try it.  Installation should then proceed normally.

If on command-line, log in as Administrator, then run the downloaded
file.  Again, installation should proceed normally.

Same issue occurred when I attempted the same install on Windows 8.1
Obviously a permissions problem ( the file itself, not you ).  Maybe
you have already figured that out!  ;o)

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.