Re: [Swftools-common] FSCommand problem

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FSCommand problem
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:41:22 +0200

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:11:39 +0530
Anil Chandra <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> When I load swf *into* button, the loaded swf is intact but the button
> functionality is lost. It is contrary to understanding from your
> reply.

Anil, remember that the button itself is a child movie of the main
movie.  Using the keyword 'this' inside the button, means that 'this'
refers to the button, and not the main movie.

Thus the movie you load in actually replaces the button ( movie ).
Since the button is no longer there, any code associated with it
has also been wiped out.  That is why it doesn't work.

> Since I cannot change the swf being loaded, only option left is to
> "load and reference swf from outside the button".

Yes, but, you could also include the code for the button in the movie
you are loading in.

You could even create a button movie and load that in.

> Will really appreciate an example. "clicking on the loaded swf should
> generate some fscommand" is a must.

Ok. Will do so later.  Watch this space.

> Thanks again.
> Anil C

Welcome.

Regards,