[Swftools-common] SWFC and Inkscape

From: Digital Seraphim
Subject: [Swftools-common] SWFC and Inkscape
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:14:30 -0500

I was having the same issue as was mentioned in http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2010-09/msg00003.html . I figured out how to fix Inkscape's output so that it could be simply extracted and used in a .sc file. In inkscape go to File->Inkscape Properties... .  Then click on "SVG Output" in the left hand list, and then make sure "Allow relative coordinates" is unchecked and "Force repeat commands" is checked.  Then close the window, select all shapes, use the arrow keys to move them to the left one click, and back to the right one click and then save.  The modification of all shapes seems to be necessary, as just doing a save, and even a "save as," didn't change the output.  There may be another way, but that was the easiest way I could see to change every shape, which appeared to be necessary, as only the shapes that were changed had the path info changed.  This information should be put on the site somewhere, such as in the FAQ, with a reference on the page talking about paths and inkscape (http://www.swftools.org/swfc/swfc.3.html)

-DigitalSeraphim