Re: [Swftools-common] Swfc compiler : how works really the rotate comman

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Swfc compiler : how works really the rotate command ?
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:46:23 -0100

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 16:36:23 +0100
"Luc A." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all !
>
> I've just discovered a strange behaviour in the "rotate" parameter,
> probably because I don't really understand the syntax ...
>
> Here is my code :
>
> -----
> .flash filename="/tmp/ella-temp.swf" version=8 fps=12  bbox=240x200
> background="#c3e440"
> .frame 1
> .box R1 149 67 color=#000000 fill=#ff0000 line=1
> .put R1 135 103 alpha=100% pin=center rotate=0
> .frame 50
> .change R1 rotate=360
>
> .frame 51
> .end # End swf movie
>
> -----
> In the swf (flash) produced, the object 'R1' rotates more than ONE time ,
> while I've just specified 360 degrees rotation ?
> Where can I find the true syntax ?

The behaviour isn't strange, nor a syntax issue: there is nothing wrong with
your code. The swf simply loops back to the beginning again when it reaches
the last frame - to see this behaviour more clearly, state rotate=240.

To stop the swf from looping you need to place the stop command in your code,
thus,

.frame 51
  .stop
.end

> And another question : in some examples, I've seen that rotate takes
> parameters in percent ? Why ?

Good question. I'm not sure why.  It works in much the same way though, with
360% == 360 degrees ( which I agree with you, seems a little odd! )

HTH.

Cheers,

Chris.
--