Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] embedding audio-stream in swf?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:59:58 +0200

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:18:29 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> Firefox, Opera, swfdec-player.

> In Firefox it sits and wait for a while, and then tells me the Flash
> plugin has crashed.  Faulty plugin possible cause?

I've just checked Firefox (3.6.10)  and Opera ( v. 9.83 build 2474 ) under
Linux.  Yep, plug-in crashes in Firefox, but behaves fine with Opera.

Setting version 7 and below like this,

  flash filename="myMP3.swf" fps=2 version=7 bbox=300x300 compress

should result in a Flash player pop-up, that warns you that Flash Player
has stopped an unsafe operation.  You are then given the choice to amend
the current global settings by being redirected to following Adobe site,

  http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/
         settings_manager04.html

( at which point FF borks, and Opera sails through ).

Worth maybe disabling swf-dec as well ( not something I use )?  It could
easily be getting in the way.

>     C> Try setting the Flash version number in the initial .flash line
>     C> to 7 or less, recompile, then see what happens.
>
> I tried this, but no luck yet, just the black page without any sound
> coming out.

This Firefox again?  tried version 6?

>     C> Here's a mailing list reference as well.
>
>     C>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2010-07/msg00041.html
>
>     C> The scrappy example on http://nordberg.me.uk/swfc_samples works
>     C> because it's already on an internet enabled location.  With me?
>
> Yes, i think so.  Can i include a whole swf from an http://.. url inside
> a sprite or something close?

Yes.  You'll still experience an issue if you are going *local* ( as in your
own computer ) to an internet enabled location though.

>     C> May one ask enquire as to your rough location?
>
> Of course, i live just outside Oslo.

Nice.  True what wikipedia says?  Still the worlds most expensive city?

Skål!

Chris.