[Swftools-common] Re: Adding video to SWF converted with PDF2SWF: Tried

From: Benjamin Hudson
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Adding video to SWF converted with PDF2SWF: Tried SWFCOMBINE etc without luck
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:54:22 +1200

Thanks for your quick response Chris - I'm from the North Island so luckily we have avoid all the earthquakes down in the South Island ....so far! ;)

Here is a really simple example I've created for this purpose:
http://www.udynamics.co.nz/temp/bf_swfcombine_issue.zip

That zip contains two swf files and their matching .fla files. Basically one SWF is text (this would be the output from pdf2swf in the real world) and the other SWF has text and a streaming video on it. The combined file using "swfcombine.exe -o output.swf -T file1.swf file2.swf" is called output.swf (also in the zip) and this demonstrates the problem where the
video doesn't show up or play at all in the combined swf. Its not a "permission" issue with flash as far as I can see either.

I'm not quite enough of an AS master to work out how to add runtime code to add the video or a swf container so if that is the answer
and you have a code snippet that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for your time.

---------------------- CHRIS WROTE -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Hi everyone, greetings from New Zealand.

Greetings back. Are you North or South island? ;o)

> ..the video needs to be streamed

In which case how about controlling this video load with a spot
of swfc/as script?   Loading the video ( swf, flv, etc ) into a
container in the existing swf?

> I'm happy to post the files if that would be of assistance.

By all mean link to ( as against attach )  the files.  You may
just get a scrap of example code by return. ;o)

> I've spent hours on this and desperately need an answer, do
>any of you  have any bright ideas?

We've all spent many a 'happy' hour seeking enlightenment.. ;o)

Regards,

Chris.

âTime you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.â [John Lennon]
In yourcase it sounds painful. ;o)