Re: [Swftools-common] (OT) changing fps in videos

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] (OT) changing fps in videos
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:22:57 +0200

On 09/12/2010 04:09 PM, Chris wrote:

since it is impossible to embed videos in a single SWF file with
different frame rates (and embedding is mandatory in my case), I would
like to know how how could I set the fps of a video removing also
unnecessary frames automatically.

Since there are a lot of video formats out there,  I presume that
when you say 'video', you are referring to another swf?

Many thanks for your reply, Chris.

Yes, I mean another SWF or FLV (although there is no way to embed FLV files using swfc, I'm afraid).

If so, then I'd guess it's not impossible to have differing frame rates.
Merely awkward.

Presumably you are starting your movies by ( and thus controlling
both with ) script?  If so, when counting the passing frames perhaps
you could use something like,

        onEnterFrame = function() {.. your code here }

along with a counter variable to keep them in sync?

Sorry, I don't get how this could work.

I have the following code:

.flash filename="this-land.swf" bbox=637x510 version=7 fps=12
.swf movie "thisland.swf"

.frame 1
    .put movie
    .stop movie
    .action:
        movie._x = (Stage.width - movie._width) / 2;
        movie._y = (Stage.height - movie._height) / 2;
    .end

.frame 2
    .del movie

.end

How should I rewrite the code above to play correctly the movie which fps is 30.023438?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo