[Swftools-common] pdf2swf: converts bitmaps to shapes?

From: Christopher Cianciarulo
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: converts bitmaps to shapes?
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:51:40 -0700

I’ve been converting pdfs to individual swf pages for a while.  These pages contain a background bitmap image and some other bitmaps and text.  I just looked at one in a Flash decompiler (as well as importing the swf into Flash) to inspect it, and discovered that all the bitmaps were in the library as bitmaps, but they were not being used on the stage.  Instead, the bitmaps had also been converted to shapes and those where what was on the stage in the first frame.  Does anyone have any idea why it would do this?  I don’t have any options set that would do that, and can’t find anything in the docs that would allow that, although there is apparently an option

   drawonlyshapes     convert everything to shapes (currently broken)

If it converts the bitmaps to shapes and they look good, that’s not a problem.  But it also leaves copies of the original bitmaps in the swf and those have to get downloaded, which is not good.

Can anyone confirm this?