[Swftools-common] misshaped glyphs when converting to version 9 swf

From: Soroush Hassani
Subject: [Swftools-common] misshaped glyphs when converting to version 9 swf
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I am using pdf2swf to convert some Arabic pdf files to swf and use them in a flipbook product that require swf files to be at least flash 9. when I convert this pdf http://simplewebcode.com/sample.pdf to version 8 and above http://simplewebcode.com/8_and_above_misshaped.swf I get the bold glyphs misshaped and artifacts as in this snapshot http://simplewebcode.com/misshaped.jpg ; some of the problematic characters are marked with red circles.
Converting to flash 7 is not an option, nevertheless I noticed that it does not show those artifacts http://simplewebcode.com/7_unjoined.swf but instead show some characters unjoined as they should be in Arabic, it is obvious with bold and big size fonts and when zooming as in this snapshot http://simplewebcode.com/unjoined.gif
I am using flash 10 to view the swf files.
Any idea about the problem and solution?

Thanks in advance